Friday, September 26, 2008

Too Old

I'm too old and can't take this kind of stress! There's a reason God gave children to YOUNG mothers! What kind of wine goes with coffee and toast?

Megan didn't bring a jacket and we could see our breath outdoors, so we had her go borrow one from her friend next door at the last minute. She left her backpack, ran next door and DIDN'T COME BACK! Lesson for Gram: NEVER let her go next door before bus time in the morning...two little girls can dawdle more than I remembered!

With backpack in hand, I went to retrieve them, but they'd gone out the neighbor's house and into our back door. So they were in my house, looking for me and the backpack while I was at the bus stop, looking for them. By the time we all got together, the bus had already blown by our stop.

Fortunately for us, because we are a perimeter road around the lake, the bus makes a circle and had to come by again. The driver was kind enough to stop this time around and pick them up. She'll get a nice gift on Appreciation Day.

2 comments:

Chris Kaatz said...

That is too funny. You do so much for our babies!! What a good gramma!

Christina Johnson said...

TGIF!!