Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Attic

I have been wanting/needing to sort through the stuff in my attic ever since we put it there when we moved in. Every year, it just accumulated more and more stuff; we never got rid of anything. There are boxes of receipts in there from the 1980's. There are computer accessories, VHS tapes, things we never should have moved with us here in the first place. And green garbage bags with four sizes of really good clothing...his and hers...that are all too good to throw away.

So I started digging through it. I have my kids' favorite clothes and their kids' favorite clothes. Added to our collections are also baby toys and clothing that I just can't throw away. I also have a lot of my parents' memorabelia and THEIR parents' stuff. I love all that stuff! But what does one do with it? I don't want to have a garage sale; that would be like selling my whole life for a few hundred dollars. That's a rhetorical question anyway...no suggestions, please...I want to keep it all. That's why it's been in my attic for decades.

No comments: