I ran out of milk and bread yesterday so had to go to the grocery when I gained some strength after the girls had gone home. It was about 9:00 pm when I was finished spending $98 on stuff in addition to the milk and bread. As I checked out, I looked outside, so when the kid asked if I wanted carry-out help, I said, "Yes, thanks. It's dark out there now." As we walked through the exit doors, he said, "Yeah, ya gotta watch out for all those hooligans out there with their fancy gizmos and electronic machines, racing around in those awful vehicles." I played along with him, stopped in my tracks and said, "Hey, WAIT A MINUTE! Are YOU one of those hooligans???" He said, "Only in my off-hours, Ma'am; never while I'm working." I laughed half the way home, until I realized I'm now a stodgy old lady to kids.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Tired
I titled one entry "Busy" so this one gets to be "Tired". Just nothing much to talk about. Had a fun time at Miranda's little birthday party the other day. She got her much-requested Dora Kitchen. It was great seeing her reaction and watching her play with it, pretend cooking for everyone. It's adorable, right up until she asks with those big, innocent eyes in her squeaky little voice: "You want to pway wiff me?" That's as hard to say no to as when she whispers in my ear, "Can I have a sweepover?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Gramma, you're not old, and certainly not stodgy!
That's so funny though, I did the grocery thing late last night too! Went for kitty litter at 9:30 and at 10:30 I called Ben and told him that when I go shopping litter costs roughly $80.
Ditto of what Christina said!! You are not old or stodgy!!
I love reading your blog and spending time with you!
Gram - You are funny!
thanks for the talk last night.
Chris
Post a Comment