Friday, January 30, 2009

Confession

Okay, here it is...my confession for the week. Today the kids and I were out running errands and I was really hungry. I haven't had a hamburger since last time I was in California, so I thought it probably wouldn't kill me "just this once". But of course, we don't have In-N-Out, which is what I was REALLY craving, so I had to find a substitute.

Believe it or not, I have never once in my whole life had a Big Mac, but have heard they are really good and only 1400 calories or so. :-) So today was my day to break that streak and ordered one. Well, it tasted okay, but with that center bun thingy and squishy sauce, it squished apart and I ended up with sauce all over my face, fingers, and shirt. I'll tell ya, nothing is worth that hassle. Not unless it is an In-N-Out with a chocolate shake! I'm still wish there was some way I could have my California relatives send me a Double Double, animal style...express mail.

5 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

Yeah, that center bun thing doesn't work so well for me either! The couple Big Mac's I've had (ever) have been sans middle bun!
I'm probably the only one that thinks so but as far as fast food burgers go - my favorite is still the whopper from BK...

Rusting away in Washington said...

I love the whopper as well! It sounds good but with my cholesterol count I better count it out.

Marilyn said...

Sorry Carol, but I ate at In & Out today. I eat the vegetarian grilled cheese and it's great. Twice I have brought dinner home and someone ate my grilled cheese and didn't notice there was No Meat! No dinner for me!

Gramma Carol said...

Marilyn, some people would think you were rubbing it in, but I'm just glad for you that you can get them...with or without meat.

I also adored Krispy Kremes donuts and then we got one up here several years ago, and now I've never bought even one. Do you think it's the "grass is greener" syndrome?

Melissa said...

My brother has In N Out 2-3 times a week! He's a bachelor, a skinny, low cholesterol having bachelor! Nope, not jealous at all.