Friday, July 3, 2009

Long weekend

We're using the three-day weekend to finish chores. No sitting around for us girls! Am staying with Jill for probably another 3 weeks while my floors and kitchen get finished. Her new housemates have moved in and so we are sharing facilities for awhile. They are super-considerate, so it appears we will do fine. Trouble is, I like to sit and drink coffee and gab (I'm retired and can do that) but they always have to get to work or chores to do. I am potentially a bad influence, pouting when they have to go.

We had the kitchen torn up and couldn't do dishes for awhile, but her new sink/counters/faucet is worth the wait! Love them! Things are all tidy and easier to keep clean now. And we can get back to cooking again instead of doing the take-home, paper plate thing. Yea!

Everyone have a fun and safe 4th of July. Makes me sad and miss him even more; was Warren's favorite holiday of the year..."party, everyone"...but I just can't keep up that tradition. It was just too much work for me to pull off by myself. Maybe sometime in the future.

No comments: