Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's almost finished!

These photos should have gone in the opposite format, but this is how they turned out.

Staircase
Inset furnace vents and Wenge decorator strip in flooring

Drawer scoop details

Scoops and knobs on honey-colored cabinets

Pull-out drawers for pans (now I don't have to hang them in sight!)
Blind cabinet (now I don't have to get on my knees to find things in there!)
Cereal over-fridge pull-out (so I can now access that space!)
Kitchen sink w/ drains (see the matching fancy disposal drain?)
Kitchen sink area
Kitchen cooking area
Kitchen 2

Kitchen 3
Laundry Room
Powder Room 1

Powder Room 2
Breakfast table
Living Room lighting

Okay, here's what's been taking up any free time I've had for the last five months! I'm so glad it's almost over, and am really happy with the results. There are a few things...little "pick up" things, as they are called in the biz...to do, and lots of stuff left in my garage that will not be moving back into their former camp sites. My decorator friend hasn't been here to visit yet, so things aren't situated properly, but this is what I have so far.

Thanks to my fabulous crew: The Rusts...OMG, there are no words to describe how hard they worked and how dedicated they were to doing this for me! I am so grateful and love you both and your patient children!

Superior Custom Cabinets, Kerfman and Sons Contracting, Fineline Pacific Granite, Moore Floors. Thank you all for working together so beautifully. I had no real problems, their timing was perfect, their work professional, their cleanliness and expertise...all together made this as trouble-free for me and it was fun and amazing to be a part of. They all shredded any ugly and negative stories I'd heard about jobs like this being so traumatic.

I know there should be "before and after pictures", but I'm too tired tonight. Have a 12 year old date waiting for me downstairs to watch a movie.


3 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

It's beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person! LOVE the dark 'island'!
Tell your date that his sissy misses him :)

Chris Kaatz said...

It's absolutely AMAZING and worth the effort. And THANK YOU for "dating" my son.

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Carol everything is amazing!! I can't wait to see it in person.